Thee Christina Ricci Info Blog

The Blog for everything Christina Ricci! Images, videos, news, links and so much more! Brought to you by Grimpuppy.com

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Christina Ricci for Montblanc - Exclusive Interview! - stylelist.com

Christina Ricci Black tattooChristina Ricci was one of several A-list actresses to take part in a photoshoot benefitting the Montblanc "Signature for Good" campaign, an initiative focusing on ending illiteracy. Once it's been going on for a year, Montblanc will present a check to UNICEF for at least $1.5 million.

We had a chance to chat with Christina, and once we got over just how nice she was (after we thanked her for chatting with us, she thanked us right back!), we talked about her favorite books, her sense of style, and why she thinks Juliet is a hipster.

Why did you choose Juliet?

When I thought of classic literature heroines, she just popped right into my head. Shakespeare is something that we study in school, and we put on the plays like "Romeo and Juliet," so I felt like she represented a lot of early education and classic literature that hopefully will be taught with this sort of education initiative.

What's your favorite book from childhood, or the present, or both?
When I was a kid, I was a huge fan of the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis. As an adult ... it's sort of pretentious sounding, but I love the Robert Pinsky translation of "Dante's Inferno." I'm also a huge murder mystery book reader -- every time I get on a plane I read a new one. I've been obsessed with Patricia Cornwell for a while now. Her Jack the Ripper book was, like, the best murder mystery/forensics book I've ever read.

READ THE FULL STORY ON STYLELIST.COM.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter